To become a recognized and renowned legislative body by harmoniously supporting the municipal development plan effectively promoting and delivering efficient and effective measures through legislation.
To provide leadership and direction to the Sangguniang Bayan of Benito Soliven in the passage of legislative measures responsive to the basic needs of the people .
The Sangguniang Bayan shall enact ordinances, approve resolutions and appropriate funds for the general welfare of the municipality and its inhabitants pursuant to Section 16 of RA 7160 otherwise known as the Local Government Code of 1991 and in the proper exercise of the corporate powers of the municipality as provided for under Section 22 of the code.
1. Approve ordinances and pass resolutions necessary for an efficient and effective
2. Generate and maximize the use of resources and revenues for the development
plans, program objectives and priorities of the municipality as provided for under
Section 18 of the Local Government Code of 1991 with particular attention to
agro-industrial development and countryside growth and progress.
3. Subject to the provisions of the Book II of the Local Government Code, grant
franchises, enact ordinances, authorizing the issuance of permits or licenses, or
enact ordinances levying taxes, fees and charges upon such conditions and for
such purposes intended to promote the general welfare of the inhabitants of the
4. Regulate activities relative to the use of land, buildings and structures within the
municipality in order to promote the general welfare.
5. Approve ordinances which shall ensure the efficient and effective delivery of the
basic services and facilities as provided for under Section 17 of RA 7160.
6. Exercise such other powers and perform such other duties and functions as may
be prescribed by law or ordinance.